CAN YOU HELP TO HOST TORBAY’S MONTH OF CULTURE?
Be involved…see amazing events…help to put Torbay on the cultural map
Torbay is hosting two major cultural events in September 2017 and the Torbay Culture Forum is need you to help ensure the success of these events.
The Tale is a unique kind of arts trail, guiding visitors on a journey of discovery around the coast of Torbay. Along the way visitors will encounter performances and installations from internationally acclaimed artists, created especially for Torbay . The trail starts with a special experience at Torquay Museum and then follows a theatrical guided walk through the streets of Torquay. Visitors will then head to the Paignton Picture House for a special performance made with the help of children at Curledge Street primary school. In Brixham there will be special performances and sound installations in the coves and quarries of Berry Head. International Agatha Christie Festival is centred at Torre Abbey and the programme includes writer talks and workshops, family activities, a crime-themed pitch and putt game, readings of new work inspired by Christie’s passion for travel and ‘Endless Night’, a late night reading in the Spanish Barn.
If you have a few hours to spare and would like to be part of something different, new and exciting in Torbay then please do get involved. Even a few hours will help to make a big difference for the Bay. All volunteer hosts get FREE TICKETS to the events they are supporting (subject to some capacity restrictions) and expenses will be covered. You can choose the dates, times, events, venues artists and the sort of role you would prefer to help with.
Volunteering for The Tale
- Welcoming visitors, helping with tickets and providing information about the whole trail.
- Steward for the first element of the trail in the museum
- Issuing trail visitors with headphones
- Walking with visitors between the Museum and the harbour as they are led by a promenading theatre group. Some groups will board the ferry to Paignton and need to be guided to the ferry point
- One ticket option includes ferry travel so visitors need to be escorted on ferry routes between Torquay, Paignton and Brixham
Paignton Picture House
- Stewarding and welcoming guests. Handing out headphones which are part of the film and sound performance here.
- Breakwater beach. Stewarding and information at Breakwater beach where there will be an artist’s performance on the beach that involves artwork being revealed from the sea. As this is a public area there is no ticketing involved.
- At Berry Head quarry. Stewarding and information. This will be a sound installation inspired by the sounds of the ocean recorded by BBC wildlife sound artist, Chris Watson. Again as this is a public area there is no ticketing involved.
- At Shoalstone Pool (6pm event only). Stewarding and information. A dance performance around the edges of the pool that concludes the art trail.
Volunteering at the International Agatha Christie Festival
(Most of the festival events are in the various rooms of Torre Abbey )
- Assisting with Box office.
- General stewarding for talks, readings and workshops in the Spanish Barn, Ballroom, Chapel and in the gardens.
- Family activities (Saturday and Sunday only).
- Stewarding at a film and talk (Thursday and Saturday only).
Torre Abbey Sands
- Assisting at the beach when guests meet for a Talk and Swim (Sunday Only). Don’t worry – no swimming required!
PLEASE SIGN UP TO HELP WITH THESE EVENTS
For more details contact our Host Manager Debbie Hyde on email@example.com or on 07785 293977
The Culture Hosts team with new hosts at Torre Abbey
Please share this page with friends that might like to get involved. You can also find out lots more about the events here…
TWITTER @situationsUK and #TaleTorbay
International Agatha Christie Festival
TWITTER @AChristieFest #AgathaChristieFestival